Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hello, Blogland! Long time, no....blog! :o) In light of recent blogworthiness discussions, I was thinking: Aren't blogs mostly for just....well, blogging? To me, blogging is sometimes serious, deep conversation and sometimes just yakking. I'm afraid, though, that I have fallen into that category of bloggers that feel you have to have something worth saying to blog, which in reality defeats the purpose. So, blogworthy or not....here I am! :o)

I am beginning my second week in the study of the book of Daniel. WOWEE!! The only part of Daniel I have ever really studied is Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace and Daniel in the lion's den. Already, in just one week, I am overwhelmed AGAIN! how God's Word fits exactly together. It's very cool! I'm excited to see what God is going to teach me in the next 10 weeks or so. Already He is teaching me that I have bought into our culture's teaching of "it's all about me" and the smarter,more beautiful, and younger you are, the better. One comment that was made in the video today was that we need to be culturally relevant without being spiritually irrelevant. In the world, not of it.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I've missed you!!!!

(well, that's kinda silly since I see you all the time.) :)

I love how excited you get! His plan is so amazing, and I'm loving how you are always discovering little bits and rejoicing in them. It's inspiring to me. Thank you for being such a wonderful example!

Love you, friend!

Heather said...

"culturally relevant without being spiritually irrelevant"
Thanks for sharing that! I struggle with it ... so it makes me excited to do the same study!
I love you!

DJT said...

Who knew!! There's a blogger!!!