Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year, New Me?

Well, my blog sisters, along with the conviction of the Holy Spirit, have inspired me to put in writing some New Year's resolutions. :o)

1) Spend time in God's word every day. Life is so much better when I do this, but I so often get "busy" and leave Him out.

2) Spend more time in prayer.

3) Be more selfless in my marriage.

4) Have a better attitude, a positive one, about my stepson.

5) Take more time to cultivate my friendships.

6) Lose 10 pounds.

7) Not beat myself up when I stumble. :o)

Thank you to my sweet friends who have encouraged me in ways they will never know completely!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I love that last one, sister! I am guilty of beating myself up at least once a day. I've had many people (including my dear husband) tell me I'm too hard on myself.

So, I guess I'm saying I need to work on that one too.

Thanks for taking this journey with me, my friend. Seeking His glory in our lives is not easy, but He gives us dear friends and fellowship with them to inspire and encourage us on the way. Thanks for being an inspiration and an encouragement.

Love ya!

(and what is up with that word verification! It's like 20 letters long! I'll never get them all right!) :o)

Carrie said...

Finally you have blogged...you always encourage me and I love you for that! I didn't make a list...obviously I was off on the whole weight loss thing...and tell me WHERE in the world is this 10 pounds you need to lose???:) I know it is about making yourself feel better...but where....in the world???? love ya:)

Heather said...

I love you and love knowing your heart. Thanks for your friendship and honesty and love. I am richly blessed... and I will be praying for His blessing and provision in all of this ... it reveals your heart for Him . I love you !