Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Rainbow on Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve. It's been a rainy, foggy Christmas Eve, just like the song. But there was something unexpected tonight. The sun was setting and it had actually come out after a very rainy day. When I saw the sun was out, I ran to the front door and looked to the east. There it was: a rainbow on Christmas Eve! I couldn't help but think of what the rainbow means to me-the reminder of God's faithful promises. And then it hit me: The ultimate symbol of promise-keeping on the eve of the day we remember God's ultimate promise fulfilled! What an AWESOME God we serve!!!!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

That's SO cool! I'm sad that I missed it. Love you, girl!!!

Heather said...

I missed it too!!
I love that... and something about it being in the east is just so cool too...
love you.

Carrie said...

Hello girl.....do you know me and Nathan...were driving and I was so in awe of the rainbow..and it brought tears to my eyes for some reason because I thought it was a good gift and reminder to see that....it is funny that we were thinking the same thing....I love it:)...