Monday, September 26, 2005

Something I really struggle with is insecurity. Am I a good wife? Am I a good friend? Am I a good daughter/stepmother/sister, etc.? This is something I don't really like about myself. "Coincidentally", some scriptures have come to mind that speak to this.

Genesis 1: 27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Nothing else in all creation was created in God's own image!)


Isaiah 41:9-10
I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, "You are my servant"; I have chosen you and have not rejected you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Isaiah 43:1b, 4
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life.


Of course these verses are just the tip of the iceberg!

So it begs the question: why do I live as one who is not chosen?

2 comments:

DJT said...

You are not alone. I struggle with "worthiness" issues. I often conclude it is Satan using my large ego to fight against what God wants me to conclude. That conclusion is that even though I am not worthy, it is OK - God wants me to look to Him for my worth. When I do that, I know my role is to serve in my relationships. When I serve appropriately, I get the best sense of "worth" possible. God's ways are so backwards but so right!!

Heather said...

Isn't it amazing how each of us struggles with this issue, and most do in some form -but we are always shocked to find out that the people we compare ourselves to in our insecurity often are doing the same thing and we'd never guess it about them! I guess that's why Paul encourages us to compare ourselves to noone. The verses you shared are perfect - and I was blessed to read them. You are wise ! Thank you !