Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I really wanted that last blog post to last forever. I know....VERY unrealistic! So B came to spend fall break with us; it was really good....for the first couple of days. Then on Friday night, his mother called asking some questions. It seems he had told her that his dad said something, which he didn't. Then it came out that he had told his dad something that his mom had said...that she didn't. So, his dad confronted him when he got home. It didn't go well. So now it's been 2 1/2 weeks since he's been here. Seems he can't tell the difference between the truth and a lie. And seems he can't admit that he was wrong. So he's "punishing" his dad by not seeing him. I wish he could see how is he punishing himself. Ah, but he's a teenager!

Then it hits me: are we so different? Don't we sometimes twist things around enough so a lie looks like the truth? Sometimes we get in so deep, we don't even know what truth is anymore! And then the even more convicting part: how difficult is it for us, for ME, to admit when I am wrong?????

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

And how easy it is for everyone else to see our mess, and how easy it is for us to think they don't...

Jeanne said...

Wow! The Spirit has been working overtime lately! Shane and I have been on the same wave length recently with some blogging and I visit yours for the first time in a while and I see you are going down the same trail as we are! I long to get to the point with some spiritual friends (term I came to understand at Zoe) where we can let all our walls down and for the sake of the cross just be real with each other and gain the blessings and strength that can come from that. I really miss being in a Bible study with you!!!!!!
love ya,
Jeanne