Tuesday, October 10, 2006



The two dogs on the right are my sister's dogs, Scully and Mulder. (Yes....big X Files fan!) Scully is the one in the back/middle. (The other dog is Barnum and belongs to my sister's roommate.) Dina emailed me last Thursday and said that Scully had terminal, inoperable thyroid cancer that had spread to her lungs and was not expected to make it more than a month or so. She was acting fine, so she was just going to wait until Scully seemed to be in pain before making any decisions. Well, that time came Sunday afternoon. She started coughing up blood and was extremely lethargic. So they called the vet. They had to put her to sleep. Now, those of you who know me know I am NOT an animal person. But this dog: she was so sweet! She was 10 years old and my sister had gotten her when she was a puppy. So I chose to post this picture today in honor of Scully; and also in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as they are wearing their pink ribbon bandannas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here crying over a dog I never met, and simultaneously laughing at their names. I love your heart!

(I did know your mother was a survivor. I think we've talked about it before. Anyway, I meant to respond to that comment on my blog, but I forgot. And then I had to take the post that had the comment on it off because it was making my blog look funny, and I didn't remember until just now.)

Anyway... I love you, girl!