Sunday, August 24, 2008

I am so blessed! I don't remind myself of that often enough!

Jason preached this morning; it was so good, as usual! Something he said really hit me in regard to my struggles with B: He was using Ephesians 6:11-14. He was talking about conflicts with people etc. and how the person isn't your enemy.

 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph. 6:12)

Then I read this in Josh Graves' blog:

"We only get one brief shot to make a difference in this world. Most of us might not have the opportunity (or burden) to impact the world to the degree of Eli Wiesel. I am certain, however, that with our very words, we can create and heal more worlds than we'd ever thought possible."

How much of a difference will I make when I stop thinking of him as my enemy and start realizing what a healer God  could use me to be in his life? 


2 comments:

Jenny - Jenny White Photography said...

true that are battles are not against flesh and blood but it is still sometimes so hard to remember when you are in the moment. missed you tonight at ice cream...but at the same time prayed for you to be blessed tonight for what you did. and if that doesn't make sense to you just ask me! lol

Jenny - Jenny White Photography said...

our..i meant our battles...i am so tired!